Friday, April 10, 2009

2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2

On Tuesday I will be 25 years old.


My goal for 25 is to take driving classes and get my license.


Most people get their license when they are 24, but I’ve waited twice as long.


I used to kid myself that I just didn’t care to drive, but then I discovered that I actually found it terrifying!


Undoubtedly, that had to do with all those times I was passenger in my drunken dad’s car, and the particular incident in which he ran over my foot… the day before my 15th birthday… while I was still in the car!


But he’s dead now and a lot of stuff has changed. I’m not nearly as neurotic as I used to be and I think I’m ready to do this thing that almost any given asshole can do on any given day.


When I am 26, I want to be able to say that I have been licensed for half of my life. After all, I’m not going to get a 27, and these half-a-life-ago times are definitely running low.



And sometimes, every couple years, I just want a little White Castle without having to convince someone to take me.


I’m ready to enjoy all the advantages of being the grown-up I am. Getting older is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment